Thursday, March 16th, 2017
At approximately 1630 hours Kingwood Fire Co. along with other mutual aid departments were dispatched for a report of a dwelling fire on Rt. 519. Deputy Chief 23 arrived and confirmed a working fire. ...
Saturday, December 31st, 2016
Kingwood Twp. Fire Co responded Tender 16-2 and Tender 16-1 as part of the south county tender task force to assist station 21 with a dwelling fire. Upon arrival Chief 16 established water supply dump...
Saturday, July 9th, 2016
On 7/9/2016 at 11:20 pm the Kingwood Township Vol. Fire Company No. 1 was dispatched as part of the West Hunterdon Tender Task force for a Structure Fire in Holland Township. Tender 16-2 piloted by C...
Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013
Station 16 fire and 16 rescue were dispatched to the 2000 block of Rt 29 for a brush fire. Chief 16 arrived and advised smoke showing from a 100x30 area. B16, E16-2, T16-1 all responded as well as 1 B...
Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls

The shower bench can collapse during use, posing a fall hazard to the user.

The bicycles have handbrakes but no footbrakes. Federal regulations require the bicycles be equipped with both handbrakes and footbrakes. Sidewalk bicycles with handbrakes, but no footbrakes, may present a risk of injury to young children who might not be able to stop the bicycles using handbrakes only.

September 09, 2021

The brown trim of the shaving kit bags contains levels of a regulated phthalate that exceed the prohibition of specific phthalates. Banned phthalates are toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.

The skewer, which connects the Coho XC Cargo Trailer to the bicycle, can shear or bend. This can cause instability of the trailer and the towing bicycle and pose a fall hazard for the bicycle rider.

The storage tray with cup holders and step can come loose from the tower, posing a fall hazard to the child.

The gasket on the bottom of the dog bowls can come off, leaving an unfinished edge, posing a risk of laceration.

The bicycle helmets do not comply with the U.S. CPSC federal safety standard for bicycle helmets, posing a risk of head injury.

The handle of the Cutie Spoovel utensil can break off releasing small parts, posing a choking hazard for young children. 

The lithium-ion GLW battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of the products smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.  

The octopus and elephant puzzle pieces can break, posing a choking hazard to young children.  

The bath seats fail to meet the federal safety standard for infant bath seats, including requirements for stability and leg openings, and can tip over while in use, posing a drowning hazard to babies.

Rear wheel spacer bolts that were torqued improperly during manufacturing can cause the wheel to fall off during use. This can result in the tractor overturning, posing an injury hazard to the operator.  

The sock's pom pom can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The counter stools can break or collapse, posing fall and injury hazards.  

The purple Scent Stamper Pen has elevated levels of benzyl alcohol, posing a risk of skin irritation.  

If the white nock is not fully engaged with the bowstring, the crossbow can fail to discharge when the trigger is pulled and can result in the bow discharging while re-nocking the arrow, posing an injury hazard to users.

The finished wooden ring can break into small parts, posing a choking hazard

The capacitor in the recalled VP-33 blower fans can overheat, posing a fire hazard.  

The bottom bracket can break during use, causing the user to lose control, posing fall and crash hazards.

When two or more high-powered magnets are swallowed, either accidentally or intentionally, the ingested magnets can attract to each other, or to another metal object, and become lodged in the digestive system. This can result in perforations, twisting and/or blockage of the intestines, infection, blood poisoning, and death.

The recalled rugs fail to meet the federal flammability standard for carpets and rugs, posing a fire hazard.

The rugs fail to meet the federal flammability standard for carpets and rugs, posing a fire hazard.

Cracks can form at the head tube area of the bicycle, where the fork connects to the bicycle. This can cause the frame to fail and allow the fork and front wheel to unexpectedly separate from the rest of the bicycle, posing a fall hazard to riders.
 

The rug fails to meet the federal flammability standard for carpets and rugs, posing a fire hazard.   

The lockset can fail to open, posing an entrapment hazard and inability to vacate a location in an emergency.

The home batteries can overheat, posing a risk of fire and emission of harmful smoke.

The recalled dehumidifiers can overheat and catch fire, posing fire and burn hazards.

The recalled loungers can collapse unexpectedly, posing an amputation, laceration and  pinching hazard if finger gets caught in the metal folding joints.

The recalled sleepwear sets fail to meet flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

Water can penetrate the seal around the LED control pad on the bicycle's lithium-ion battery pack and cause the battery to short circuit, posing fire and burn hazards.

An unlocked handle can pinch consumers' fingers against the generator frame when the generator is moved, posing finger amputation and crushing hazards. 

The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.

A plastic rivet can detach from the sandal's ankle strap, posing a choking hazard for young children.

The foam facial interfaces can cause facial skin irritation and reactions including rashes, swelling, burning, itching, hives, and bumps.

The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or serious injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the voluntary industry standard ASTM F2057-14.  

The weld between the brake pedal pivot bracket and the EPS mounting bracket can separate, which can result in a loss of brake function, posing a crash hazard.

A raised edge on the machined surface of the turbocharger castings can result in an oil leak, posing a fire hazard.

The stock CVT air intake can become completely obstructed with snow causing the drive belt to overheat and break, posing a fire hazard.

The soldering within the lithium-battery pack housing can allow the wiring to detach and cause the unit to overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.

In windy weather, the flame can be directed to the rear of the unit, which can melt the “tip switch” safety shut off feature at the rear of the heater. This poses a risk that the heater will not turn off if it tips over and poses a burn hazard to consumers.


© 2021 Kingwood Township Volunteer Fire Company